Ginger is one of the healthiest spices on earth. It is closely related to turmeric and cardomon. Ginger is high in gingerol, a substance with powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
- Ginger may also relieve nausea and vomiting after surgery, and in cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy.
- There are some studies showing ginger to be effective at reducing symptoms of osteoarthritis.
- It is beneficial in fighting oral bacteria linked to inflammatory diseases in the gums, such as gingivitis and periodontitis.
- Ginger has been shown to lower blood sugar levels and improve various heart disease risk factors in patients with type 2 diabetes.
- Ginger appears to speed up emptying of the stomach, which can be beneficial for people with indigestion and related stomach discomfort.⠀
- Additionally, there is information to show that ginger helps with age related memory issues by improving brain function in the elderly.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀